Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone read the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers book?

(3 Posts)
CharlieMouseWillDoIt Mon 19-Nov-12 15:16:00

If so, can you summarise what it says? Is it basically a form of gradual withdrawal? If so, I think I know enough about the technique to give it a go without needing to read the book, but if the author has come up with something else to try, then I'm all for finding out!

I have the No Cry Sleep Solution for Babies book, but never got around to implementing the techniques (or at least, never saw them through...)

Emsmaman Tue 20-Nov-12 10:06:12

I didn't know it existed (off to check out Amazon...).

How old is your toddler? I am 3 nights into my new sleep regime with 19mo DD and I don't want to jinx it but so far so good. I took the advice on pretty much the last page of NCSS which is to let them cry but stay with them, cuddle etc without picking up. The first night was awful, 2 hours of screaming then DD finally fell asleep, the second night one waking was 2.5 hours of screaming but second waking was less than 10 mins, last night first waking was less than 10 mins but second was 2 hours, but barely any crying, think she just wasn't that tired and was enjoying having her back patted etc. DH fell asleep on the floor with his hand through the cot bars: )

CharlieMouseWillDoIt Tue 20-Nov-12 15:17:39

DD is 21 months old. I have tried gradual withdrawal before, but always seem to get "stuck" and then completely back to square one when illness/teething come along!

She has always taken a long time to fall asleep and has always needed me to be there, until the last month or so when she has finally let my husband stay with her. A week or so ago (until she got a cold) she even let him leave the room and she fell asleep all by herself! Sounds fantastic, except that she falls asleep on our bed and is then transferred to her cot once she is deeply asleep. I did try putting her in the cot to fall asleep recently, but she screamed and wrapped her legs tightly around me.

Good luck with your sleep regime Emsmaman. Sounds pretty exhausting for you all at the moment, but here's hoping the waking ups will get shorter in duration and will soon stop completely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now