Talk

Advanced search

Should I use a grobag for DD for daytime naps?

(7 Posts)
Ginshizz Sun 18-Nov-12 16:13:02

Hello,

DD is 6 months old and naps for about 30 mins during the day (three or four naps per day).

I realised today that she might sleep longer if she was warmer - she was born in May and it's only really started to get cold in her room over the last month or so, which is when her naps get shorter. I don't know whether this is just her routine changing as she gets older or if she is too cold.

I am terrified of overheating though so at the moment, I just put her down to sleep in whatever she is wearing - the room is normally 20 / 21 degrees or so. I have a 0.5 tog grobag and some 1 togs left over from the summer; should I put her in one of those during the day? Or will she be too toasty?

Thanks

smile

teacher123 Sun 18-Nov-12 17:05:43

DS is the same age and I take his trousers off and put a grobag over whatever tshirt/vest he's wearing and put him down in that for his naps in the day. My DS is a fussy child, he only likes a room that is 20/21 degrees exactly... Any colder and he cries. A lot!

Ginshizz Sun 18-Nov-12 17:23:57

teacher that is so funny ... DD also gets pretty grumpy if we let the temperature drop below 20. I think she thinks she should be living in a warmer country!

Thanks for your post - I think I will try that. Can I ask, what tog rating is the bag you use during the day? We use a 2.5 at night but I don't know if that is too toasty for day time snoozing?

teacher123 Sun 18-Nov-12 17:33:18

I use whichever one I grab in semi darkness whilst he's wailing 'mummy mummy I'm not tired I'm not tired!' ...!

I just use the 2.5 tog one that he has at night at the moment, and he seems fine. It's lovely when I get him and and his little legs are all toasty warm :-)

Ginshizz Sun 18-Nov-12 17:38:11

grin at the wailing! Yep, I love the "I'm noooooooot tiiiiiiiiiired I'm nooooooot tiiired, oh, I'm asleep" cry!

Thanks, I will bag DD up for her next nap!

X

teacher123 Sun 18-Nov-12 18:59:54

Make sure you give her chubby little legs a squeeze when she wakes up!

Ginshizz Sun 18-Nov-12 20:23:25

And maybe a raspberry! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now