Talk

Advanced search

HELP with 12 month old!

(4 Posts)
babythrashling Sun 18-Nov-12 06:51:47

Please! If anyone can offer any advice....12m old BF DS has never slept well. He sleeps in our room - no option to move him till he's sleeping properly as he'll be sharing with older sibling and unfair to subject him to non sleeping younger brother!

He wakes up every hour and a half to feed, and usually ends up with us. I could probably cope with that, but he literally thrashes about all night. He wants to change breast every minute and feeds briefly on one side then gets up on all fours and starts rooting about for the other side,again and again, so I end up rolling around from side to side all night. He shuffles about the bed and is so restless. I don't know what to do. I don't want to do any kind of sleep training that involves crying. The NCSS hasn't worked - it hasn't made any difference to him waking up. He won't settle for my partner and goes mental if he goes to him instead of me.

Any advice would be so welcome, am desperate!

FadBook Sun 18-Nov-12 07:14:09

We night weaned at 12 months using this very gentle method drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

If you search my username (or my old one: godisadj) and dr jay Gordon I've wrote about it previously.

I reached a point where what was working and had worked for 12 months, wasn't working any more. I also found dd was more comfortable in her own space (cot).

Pm me if you can't find my threads (can't link as on phone)

babythrashling Sun 18-Nov-12 10:58:37

Thanks! That is really helpful, I have taken a look at that link, I like the look of that plan. Will look for the thread now.x

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Sun 18-Nov-12 14:24:56

No advice but feel your pain- only difference is 12mo DD is night weaned sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now