Talk

Advanced search

I never thought I would be BACK in the sleep section......

(4 Posts)
hillbilly Sat 17-Nov-12 20:14:10

DD (7) is finding it very difficult to fall asleep since about 2 weeks ago. It has been around th same time since she has started reading to herself when she goes to bed. She goes to bed at 7.30 then reads for 15 mins. Then she's up and down with various woes and finally falls asleep around 9pm. AFAIK, everything is ok at school. We are trying to be understanding but firm as don't want to make an issue out of it.

hillbilly Sat 17-Nov-12 20:30:32

Going to put this in behaviour and development section too.

EMS23 Sat 17-Nov-12 23:23:03

Could she need a later bedtime? It was around that age that DSS moved to about 8-8.30pm bedtime.

hillbilly Sun 18-Nov-12 00:21:26

Yes that's very possible. We have been trying at weekends to allow her a bit of extra time staying up with us, partly to signal to her that we recognise that she is older than her brother and should, because of her age, have different boundaries. I guess sometimes it's hard as a parent to move on, and realise the ever changing nature of our children. I want to be open and flexible, but, selfishly also, I want to have adult time, where DH and I can just be on our own together, even just to watch TV and eat dinner together without interruption.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now