Talk

Advanced search

16 week old sleep suddenly up every 3 hours all night

(4 Posts)
pinkpiggy Mon 12-Nov-12 12:09:02

And I know this is classic 4 month sleep regression but I wondered do I just go along with it or is there anything I should be doing to help her sleep longer? DD is EBF and co-sleeps. From newborn she slept well, going 5 to 8 hours at night so it's a bit of a shock to the system having to feed her every 3 hours! How long does this growth spurt last for? So many people have said to me to feed her baby rice / formula to 'fill her up'. Thanks

pinkpiggy Mon 12-Nov-12 14:01:37

bump

Chocchip88 Mon 12-Nov-12 14:04:52

Hi DS2 is also 16 weeks and has decided to go from waking every 3 hours to every 90 mins! Argh!
From memory with DS1 I told myself I'd give it 2 weeks and then try and do something about it. As it was things had improved by the time 2 weeks was up so my advice would just be to go with it. Feed and resettle everytime she wakes and go to bed really early!
Good luck!

pinkpiggy Mon 12-Nov-12 14:15:49

Thank you, I know it's just a phase but it's hard when you are in the middle of it! It has been about 10 days now so I am hoping she sleeps longer soon. Good luck with your DS2!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now