Talk

Advanced search

Ds has been asleep 3 hours, should I be worried??!

(5 Posts)
PenelopeChipShop Sat 10-Nov-12 15:55:39

He is usually a nap resistor - will only 30 mins in pram, though he will sleep longer if I sit and hold him. He had a bad night last night and was up at 6.30. We took him swimming this morning and it must have really tired him out - he went to sleep almost straight afterwards at about 12.45 and is still asleep! He started out in pram but transferred to my arms after the first hour as he semi woke v ratty - easily dropped back off so I thought I'd just hold him and let him catch up. He has half woken for a feed so it hasn't been continuous but he's still asleep!! Should I wAke him or just carry on enjoying the peace? A long daytime sleep can't be a sign of illness can it? Is just so unusual for him!

SarryB Sat 10-Nov-12 16:01:22

How old is he?

PenelopeChipShop Sat 10-Nov-12 16:02:49

Forgot to say he's 4 months. He just opened eyes and looked at me but went straight back to sleep. Wish he had been this sleepy at 2 am last night

SarryB Sat 10-Nov-12 21:38:53

Leave him be - at that age he'll wake up when he's hungry (I'm assuming he's a 'normal' healthy baby). He's just worn out from swimming. You - go lie down on the couch with chocolate and a cuppa and watch some rubbish telly.

mumtoacub Sat 10-Nov-12 23:02:25

I agree my ds was and still is a nap resistor, so anytime he sleeps for a long stretch I presume he needs it to catch up, it never affects his night time sleep, basically they take what they need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now