Talk

Advanced search

12 week old, sleeping at wrong times

(4 Posts)
Rosa87 Sat 10-Nov-12 01:55:17

Hi everyone, my 12week baby boy seems to go to bed at 4pm and wake at 12.30 which is really good I know but after the midnight feed only last another 3 hours meaning he thinks 3am is morning which is not good lol
I've tried having later bedtime of six but he still manages to wake up at 12.30 then 3.am no matter what nothing seems to help.

any help would be really appriciated, thank you

NuzzleandScratch Sat 10-Nov-12 02:04:33

Hi there! I've got a 2.8 yr old and a 14 week old, both girls. Have you started any sort of bedtime routine? Nothing fancy, just bath, into pjs and sleeping bag, maybe a story, then feed in a quiet room? They need signals that it's nighttime, to distinguish this from day. My dd2 is terrible at sleeping during the day, but she does sleep well at night. Since dd1 has a bath every night anyway, we've been doing this from quite early on.

Rosa87 Sat 10-Nov-12 02:31:19

hiya

I've had him routine for the past 4weeks bathing him at 5 changing him into his pjs, then having his last bottle at 6. He goes to sleep no problem at all but still wakes up at 12.30 then 3. Since his missing out on them extra 2hrs he use to get when he went to bed at 4 his even more grumpy during the day making it harder for him to nap complete nightmare : - (

NuzzleandScratch Sat 10-Nov-12 08:22:46

Ah, that's tough, he seem to be on a different time zone! Have you tried laying him next to you in bed after the 3am wake up? Sometimes I do this with dd2 if I can't get her resettled in her crib, just for the last hour or two of the night. It's not a solution for you as such, but might help you get a bit more sleep yourself!

Hopefully someone else we be along soon with better ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now