Talk

Advanced search

How can I get 18mo to co-sleep?

(3 Posts)
Mopandbucket Fri 09-Nov-12 19:33:55

Yes, I know many of you are trying to stop it... But we think it would solve our ds's sleep problems. He wakes 430am every day and we would love to just bring him in bed with us, but he just won't have it! He cries, wriggles and we have to take him back to his room and sit with him on our laps (or put him in cot). He's been like this since tiny - I always intended to co sleep but he just wouldn't. He is very affectionate and loves to be held (all the time sometimes!). He wants us there, just not in our bed.
Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to encourage him?

Bagofspiders Fri 09-Nov-12 19:39:35

I know this is probably no help at all but I have a similar thing going on with DS at the moment. He's nearly 17 months and we co slept completely until he was 9 months then occasionally, if he wore up or for a nap since then. Recently he won't sleep with me at all and either cries or chats to me! Maybe it's just the age?

Mopandbucket Fri 09-Nov-12 19:42:34

Hi bag, ds did sleep with me for naps on occasions, but when I gave up bf, that stopped (he basically fell asleep on the boob). I'd love to co sleep - at least we'd get some!

Sounds like your ds is too interested and wants to get up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now