Talk

Advanced search

DD won't nap - I think she may have been possessed

(7 Posts)
PickledLily Fri 09-Nov-12 16:53:20

DD (7mo) is lying in her cot, kicking the sides and beating up her soft toys. I've been unable to get her to settle for any of her naps for the past couple of days - DH has done it when he's been around and (annoyingly) she settles instantly when he tries.

If I try to feed her she's on and off like a yoyo. If I try to rock her, she squirms and launches herself off into space. Put her down, she cries. Pick her up, she cries. I'm at my wits end. She's shattered. I'm shattered.

She's had a cold and is teething, but is dosed up. She only creates once she knows it's sleep time.

What can I do?

littlestressy Fri 09-Nov-12 18:29:16

Didn't want to read and run...really sorry I don't have any great advice for you. My DS is just like this, nothing seems to work. Hopefully someone will be along soon with some good advice.

Just thought though; is she tired when you're trying to put her down or overtired? How long from waking up to her nap? I'm sure you're looking out for her sleepy signs (I know I watch like a hawk)

PickledLily Sat 10-Nov-12 04:41:16

thanks stressy (love the name!)

I usuallyscoot her off to bed as soon as the yawns hit. This has worked up until now although she only ever naps for 30mins. Come to think of it, it has coincided with a change in her night sleep. She has always woken every 2hrs, but is now thank the lord only waking twice a night.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Sat 10-Nov-12 05:42:01

I have had this - it sucks.
The distracted feeding stopped at about 9 months, if that helps. But he still won't always feed to sleep or fall asleep with me - but DP can do it. Sorry I can't offer more advice.

Suchanamateur Sat 10-Nov-12 08:35:49

My DD has gone through stages of this - and was bad at 7mo. What worked for me was keeping her up a bit longer between naps. I'd been so paranoid about her being overtired that I'd been trying to get her to nap before she was ready which ended in outright nap refusal. She settles better and quicker now, although not a long napper still...

PickledLily Sat 10-Nov-12 13:37:43

I think you're right, she does generally (but not always hmm) seem to last longer between naps. But it's all so random. I hope she sorts herself out soon...

Suchanamateur Sat 10-Nov-12 13:39:24

And of course straight after I wrote that I got total morning nap refusal... Babies Are Random. Good Luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now