Talk

Advanced search

10 month old cot nap battles

(2 Posts)
Nini100 Fri 09-Nov-12 12:29:20

My lil girl has always been a rubbish napper, and does mainly catnap since she was 3 months old.
Getting her to sleep for naps in her cot have always been an issue until about 2 weeks ago when she self settles down for her nap beautifully. Now she has found comfort in her muslin cloth ( never took a dummy:-(. )
It seems the last few days have been back to square one, as soon as we walk into the darkened room for her nap in the morning she starts to cry, it's like she is now afraid of the dark. I keep to my routine and out her down after a bit of singing etc and she now has a 5 minute whinge before finally giving up and Lin to sleep.
I've extended her awake time thinking she wasn't ready or bed but that created about 20 minutes of tears before sleep.
I just feel so bad.......not sure if its separation anxiety?? Should I just stick to what I've been doin and hope she will eventually see her room as a nice safe place to nod off?? Hoping its a phase that will pass.
Advice appreciated
X

Rockchick1984 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:36:20

Have you tried leaving a nightlight on in her room? From about 7 months, my DS decided he wouldn't nap in the dark so that's what we did, and he was fine til the next hurdle smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now