Talk

Advanced search

Would you wake him?

(7 Posts)
SwivelHips Wed 07-Nov-12 10:42:58

DS (22 wks) has for the 3rd morning on the trot stayed asleep when I put him on the sofa (all snuggled in), usually his first nap is on me after a feed.
His timing as great as we were going to go to a new baby group, so in that case would you wake him or let him sleep?
Incidentally I've chosen to let him sleep, first time mum so apologies if you're like wtf!! He is a cat napper so I dont expect him to be down for long...sigh...
p.s Tomorrow I will try the cot but I wont hold my breath

Bluefrogs Wed 07-Nov-12 10:56:40

No don't wake him!!!
Use the time to have a bit of you time-have a hot coffee,watch a bit of crap tv,read a bit of a book uninterrupted.
The group will be there tomorrow,if he's asleep he needs it.

Raspberrysorbet Wed 07-Nov-12 11:46:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imnotmymum Wed 07-Nov-12 11:49:43

IME it is better to have a baby who will sleep anywhere so if you out and about or circumstances change he will not mind if no cot.
Repeat Raspberry mantra again... and again

ChippingInLovesAutumn Wed 07-Nov-12 11:54:56

I think you did the right thing. The baby group can wait. I also agree that it's best if they will sleep anywhere and everywhere, but a day or two after getting him to sleep not on you, is not the time to be pushing that. Tomorrow the cot for a few days then hopefully you'll have broken the cycle of him only sleeping on you and you can start going out and about and him sleeping when he's tired - wherever that is.

SwivelHips Wed 07-Nov-12 13:08:55

thanks ladies...he woke just as i pressed enter. i made babygroup, albeit 10 mins late but so were other people. pre baby i was never late so something to get used to.

SwivelHips Wed 07-Nov-12 13:20:36

oh and repeat "never wake a sleeping baby" smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now