Talk

Advanced search

How long does your 6 month old go between naps?

(5 Posts)
Saltytomato Tue 06-Nov-12 15:16:55

My baby is almost 6 months and still gets knackered after being awake for longer than 1.5 hours, so is usually asleep after just 2 hours of awake time. He also only naps for 35 mins on the dot each time!

Is this normal?

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 06-Nov-12 18:17:43

Exactly like my 5.5 month old. I looked this up (which is the old fashioned way of saying I Googled it...) the other day and the general consensus seems to be around two hours between naps at six months old.

35-40 minute naps here every time as well. Except today when I needed to take my mum to the doctor he looked set to drag it out over an hour and I had to wake him up. Can he do that at times when I'm desperate for a nap (i.e. every day)? Can he heck...

SwivelHips Tue 06-Nov-12 20:53:36

Exactamundo another one here. 2 hrs then a little catnap of 30 to 45 mins. This now carries on right up til 10pm, it will pass, it will pass (repeat mantra)

Saltytomato Tue 06-Nov-12 21:38:41

Hahaha glad I'm not alone! He is pretty good at night, he wakes a couple of times between 7.30 - 7.30 am, which wouldn't be so knackering if he gave me a chance to rest during he day...but no.....

teacher123 Tue 06-Nov-12 23:04:10

Schedule here for 6 month old DS is a bit flexible, but he generally has two naps a day. One about 2 1/2 hours after he wakes in the morning and one about 2 1/2 hours after that. Naps vary between 30 mins to (very occasionally!) 2 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now