Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10 month pld waking at 5am - how can we make it later?

(3 Posts)
Snowgirl1 Fri 02-Nov-12 22:41:46

Our 10 month old DD wakes at around 5am most days - is there anything we can do to make it later?

9am - 10am nap
12pm - 1pm nap
6pm - 30 minute nap (it's difficult to eliminate this one as this is when I pick her up from nursery and she falls asleep in the car on the way home)

6.45pm bath
7.30pm - 7.45pm bed

Then she wakes at 5am and we bring her into bed with us. She's then latched on to my boob for an hour-and-a-half until I get up at 6.30am.

I need her to sleep longer because (a) I could do with a bit more sleep; and (b) she has teeth now and I can't take her being latched on for an hour-and-a-half :-\

Any ideas?

Madallie Fri 02-Nov-12 23:09:08

Is there any way she could nap a little longer at lunch time, or make am nap 9.30?

Just offereing advise from what I've heard if that helps at all. Although I'm clusless when it comes to naps. Can never work out when dd needs to nap. Ha Ha!

Just didn't want to leave you unanswered as I too am finding this a difficult sleep age (although wonderful and lovely in terms of everything else).

MoonlightandBonefires Fri 02-Nov-12 23:12:51

It may sound counter-intuitive, but instead of bringing her into your bed you may need to get up with her at 5am for a while.

Small child here went through a phase of this and we used to take turns to go downstairs to play quietly for half an hour, have one small bottle of formula (or BM in your case - maybe expressed so DH/DP can help too?) and then say - 'time for sleep now' and take back to own bed.

We would then get a 'lie-in' until about 6.30-ish. As time went on, we reduced the play, heated the milk and got faster at the 'time for bed' bit. Within about four months (sorry!) small child started sleeping through until 6.30/7.

We didn't change any of the nap times during the day to achieve this either, but you could also try moving bed time to be 8 - 8.15 too, to see if that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now