Talk

Advanced search

Daytime sleeping for 2 wo - how?

(3 Posts)
WhoahThereCrazyHorse Fri 02-Nov-12 11:02:02

Very basic question, but what tactics do you use for getting very young babies to sleep?

Ds surely needs a nap as he's been awake for 1.5 hours, we've been for a walk but he didn't drop off, and I've tried a little feed to see if that helped - not a chance. He was yawning Over an hour ago so must be completely knackered, what can I try?!

You wouldn't think I had a dd too, can't for the life of me remember what to do!!!

All tips welcome... TIA

teacher123 Fri 02-Nov-12 12:42:53

Lots of people suggest slings but it never worked for us. Trip in the car, cuddles, upright on your chest, lots of walking in the pushchair? White noise? DS never slept at home during the day unless rocked in the buggy until he was 5 months... I did a lot of walking!

aliphil Fri 02-Nov-12 14:48:58

Sling works best for me if I want to go out or do stuff around the house; I have a stretchy wrap so she's really snuggled up. If I want to sit down and watch TV or be on the computer, it's more comfortable to have her on my shoulder, but she doesn't always sleep as long. Sometimes walking around with her a bit seems to tip her over the edge from crying to calm, or even from calm to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now