Talk

Advanced search

When feeding to sleep stops working...

(5 Posts)
AndMiffyWentToSleep Thu 01-Nov-12 09:20:29

What do you do?

I don't mean in a, 'oh now I just pop him in his cot with a kiss and he rolls over and has a lovely long sleep all by himself' kind of way. I mean even when he is tired, he seems to be more awake after the feed and won't go to sleep unless DP bounces him on the ball (only works for him, not me).

Do I just suck it up as a manifestation of the 9 month sleep regression and thank my lucky stars we still have one effective method?

Obviously it also means that techniques like the Pantley Pull Off are out of the window too - I was intermittently trying the NCSS (he's had a bedtime routine since a few months old).

Arghh!

unclefluffy Thu 01-Nov-12 09:24:46

Oh god, this happened to us. I ended up so desperate that we did controlled crying. Starting at 1am when she STILL hadn't gone to sleep... Looking on the bright side, it did seem to suddenly put a stop to night feeds. Once a feed didn't get her off to sleep, she stopped asking for one!

teacher123 Thu 01-Nov-12 16:30:44

Shut the door and go back to bed!

DW123 Thu 01-Nov-12 19:52:34

Have a bit of a cry and a big glass of wine. And hope the next big development step comes soon as that seems to reset mine when this happened to us.

I survived by co-sleeping snd taking them out in pushchair/car for afternoon nap.

Good luck - if I recall through the haze it didn't last too long but its all relative as it can take an hour to feed them both to sleep.

DW123 Thu 01-Nov-12 19:55:34

Oh - and as much physical activity as they can manage to tire them out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now