Talk

Advanced search

can a one year old have a pillow?

(6 Posts)
cheapandchic Tue 30-Oct-12 14:53:17

I have an unusual fear of babies suffocating and hate putting baby with anything in the cot....however, he has been sleeping a lot in our bed from 3 to 7 am and quite frankly I am sick of it. (now that its been one year)

Husband thought a pillow from our bed would make baby sleep better...it seemed to but I was worried about it.

When did your little ones get a pillow?

lorisparkle Wed 31-Oct-12 00:04:52

We did not give ours a pillow until they were in their own bed.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Wed 31-Oct-12 00:13:11

I wouldn't, no. Why not try sleeping with a teddy or something in your bed then giving it to him, it's probably the smell, if anything, that's comforting your DS.

5madthings Wed 31-Oct-12 00:25:05

i think the advice is they can have pillows/duvets from one year but you can get small pillows and duvets for them. my 22mth dd has a pillow and has done for ages, she sleeps in our bed.

5madthings Wed 31-Oct-12 00:54:24

quick google shows the SIDS advice is that they are ok from 12mths but in america the advice from the paediatric society us from 24mths. so clear as mud then!

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 31-Oct-12 10:10:44

mine both had a pillow at age 1. We just used a normal sized but fairly flat one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now