Talk

Advanced search

The Dawn Gymnast

(4 Posts)
ElphabaTheGreen Tue 30-Oct-12 05:46:25

So 5mo DS is well-fed and in his cot and, like most some previous mornings has decided it's time to practice his many tricks with accompanying grunts and heavy breathing. Been doing this since about 4:45am.

Do I let him carry on in the dark while I lie quietly as well to promote the message that it's not daytime yet dear (through clenched teeth), or do I give up and take him downstairs with me so I can have a coffee? I can't sleep while he's in training for Pyongyang 2028 and he'd yell if I were to get up and leave him here by himself.

If you can bear it I'd say to leave him. A baby who can happily entertain himself in bed is a valuable asset!

teacher123 Tue 30-Oct-12 06:22:51

Leave him to it-kindle app is your friend wink it's still nighttime!

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 30-Oct-12 06:38:34

I let him carry on until 6am. He was horizontal across the cot with the blankets off but was unperturbed, despite the chill. He gave me a gummy grin, flicked his tongue in and out at me a few times like a little lizard, then did what his father charmingly calls the 'crotch thrust' - plants his feet on the mattress then bounces his bum vigorously several times.

God, he's cute. God, I wish he'd sleep <weeps>

brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now