Talk

Advanced search

OMG I just got 6.5 hrs sleep for the 1st time in 3 yrs!!!!!!

(10 Posts)
RemindMeWhatSleepIs Mon 29-Oct-12 04:23:43

I'm in shock!!!!
I've just slept from 9:30pm till 4am and not been woken by either of my children!!

My DD has always been a nightmare sleeper, feed every 1-2 hrs for her first four months, finally getting to waking every 2-3 hrs around 6 months and never really improved from there. She's almost 3yrs old now and started sleeping better once competition arrived.

My DS (7 months) is much better but still has me up 3-4 times a night (as well as DD get ups for a wee)

Sorry, I'm sure it won't happen again! grin

tunnocksteacake Mon 29-Oct-12 04:29:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 29-Oct-12 04:34:36

Hooray! Hope there are many, many more!

MamaChocoholic Mon 29-Oct-12 05:02:54

Well done! I had one of those nights a couple of weeks ago. I felt almost drunk with sleep, very odd. And even if it doesn't happen again tomorrow or the next night, hold onto the hope that it will happen again soon smile

Einsty Mon 29-Oct-12 05:58:47

I have one DD, 4, and am 37 weeks pregnant. She sleeps relatively well but yesterday via a series of small miracles I managed an uninterrupted day time nap of the kind that was standard pre children. OMG I was delirious - no food, drink, sex, anything could rival it. And now I probably won't get another for four or more years ... grin

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 29-Oct-12 06:12:52

Only the chronically sleep deprived could wake at 4am and go, 'Yessss! Result!' grin

RemindMeWhatSleepIs Mon 29-Oct-12 06:28:36

Thank you everyone, I really hope you're right about more sleep coming our way. Though I think that bit of sleep might keep me going for a few weeks! wink

Elphaba that really made me laugh! grin yes I suppose you are right. It sounds really silly when you put it like that! grin

RemindMeWhatSleepIs Mon 29-Oct-12 06:31:09

Einsty I hope you're wrong and you get a baby who sleeps! smile Good luck and try and get a few more sneaky naps in before the birth.

RemindMeWhatSleepIs Tue 30-Oct-12 02:30:10

Back to the normal mayhem tonight. confused. Nice to know sleep can actually happen though.

It was nice to have you all on here last night who genuinely shared my joy! smile so I didn't have to tell anyone in the real world. The only parent I came across yesterday was my neighbour who often tells me that both her children slept thru from 8 weeks hmm, I don't think she'd have understood! grin

WhispersOfWickedness Tue 30-Oct-12 02:38:00

I too had the best nights sleep last night from the dc since DS was born nearly 3 years ago. Or at least I could have done if it were not for DH stalking round the house at 4am, looking for intruders, apparently he thought he heard someone say 'shush' hmm
Am up tonight with dd 14 mo who has a random 2 hour waking every couple of weeks, just as I'm getting back on track with the sleeping and feeling vaguely human again sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now