Talk

Advanced search

If your LO does morning only sessions at nursery - what do you do about the lunchtime nap?

(7 Posts)
nm123 Sat 27-Oct-12 23:31:24

DD will start nursery on 2 full days pw, but I think work will want me to go to 5 mornings soon, so I'm thinking she'll do 3 or 4 morning sessions at nursery (other 1 or 2 days with grandparents) and I'm wondering what happens in terms of the lunchtime nap if her nursery session ends at 1pm??

At the mo she tends to nap 9.30-11am and 2pm-3pm (she's 10.5mo) but I'm hoping that will consolidate into 1 long apres-lunch nap in a few months' time which will probably coincide with starting the morning-only sessions.

nm123 Sun 28-Oct-12 07:07:08

Bump

issimma Sun 28-Oct-12 07:10:56

DD is a bit older, but has been doing two mornings a week at nursery since she was 1. She never naps at nursery, has lunch there, comes home at 1pm and usually has a 2 hour nap - it's great grin. On non-nursery days she tends to have 40mins in the morning and another hour in the afternoon.

nm123 Sun 28-Oct-12 08:45:35

Thanks issimma... A nap at home after nursery would be ok I guess - just makes me a bit sad that it will eat in to our precious afternoons together selfish mummy

issimma Sun 28-Oct-12 09:29:41

Ah, you see I quite like it. I work from home and it means I can do a couple more hours without paying nursery fees!

nm123 Sun 28-Oct-12 10:32:31

I'll be working from home too but likely to be doing 6am-2pm to catch the Asia-PAC day... I guess I could use her nap time to catch up with housework go on mumsnet and general faffing and I suppose there would be a couple of hours after to take her to the park, go swimming etc!

mogandme Sun 28-Oct-12 10:35:57

8-1 at nursery then nap 1.30-3; leaving 4 hours until bedtime (did this until nearly 3) however by 2years could manage on 15 min nap so we could go to groups etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now