Talk

Advanced search

10.5mo routine...

(6 Posts)
Madallie Fri 26-Oct-12 20:26:13

Just wondered if anyone could give a bit of advice.

DD wakes at different times each day so I find it difficult to know when to put her down for naps/bedtime etc.

I know lots of people have said to wake at the same time everyday but honestly everytime I do that I have a very grumpy and tired baby who becomes difficult to put down for naps at all!

Just wondered if anyone could look at this routine and tell me their opinions:

7.10 - awake
10.30-12 noon - nap 1
3.10 (put down at 3) - 4.30pm - nap 2
7.30 - bedtime but took until about 7.50 to settle. No crying or anything just playing quietly with hands/muslin then tossin and turning for a bit.

I'm worried her pm nap is too late and I don't know if she didn't settles cos she was UT or OT?

Same thing happened day before yesterday and she woke an hr earlier in the am. I really can't see how she can be OT though. I'm just not sure.

Any opinions would be gratefully received.

Also, just to say, I'm not moaning about her sleep, she's really improved recently (hopefully won't jinx it) but just trying to see if this looks ok?

FreelanceMama Sat 27-Oct-12 03:08:33

our 10 month old has the opposite problem - too little daytime sleep. Today for example we managed 30 mins finally at 11.45am after him being awake since 7.30am. And nothing in the afternoon. We're paying for it now with a disturbed night.

I wouldn't wake her though in the morning.. We're trying to be strict about mealtimes and bedtime, although we sometimes bring bedtime earlier if he needs more sleep.. Apart from a couple of blips he tends to wake about 7am to 7.30am.

How regular are the meals? We do tea at 5.30 so if he's not slept by 4pm then I keep him awake and he'll be asleep by 6.45pm/7pm.

not sure if any of this helps!

FreelanceMama Sat 27-Oct-12 03:12:22

by 'opposite problem' I mean that we have a problem getting naps at all, rather than needing to worry about timing and length!

nm123 Sat 27-Oct-12 23:19:24

After months of being ALL OVER THE PLACE, we finally fell into a routine on holiday, ironically with a 5 hour time difference.... DD is 10.5 months old now and since 9 months it's been (roughly, give or take 30 mins either way):

7am Wake up and BF
8am Breakfast
9.15am Nap
11am Wake up and BF
12.30 Lunch
2pm Nap (anywhere between 30-60 mins, v occasionally 1.5 hours)
3pm BF
4.30pm Snack
6pm Dinner
6.30pm Bath
7pm BF and bed

She tends to go through most nights, though has had a cold recently so been waking more.

I'm going back to work the day after her 1st birthday so am going to start working on dropping the 11am and 3pm feeds in the next couple of weeks.

I've found consistency with nap routines really helps, but saying that it didn't matter how consistent or not I was, for the first 9 months of her life DD was a bad napper - usually 20-40 minutes only, and whilst it used to frustrate the hell out of me when I saw on websites "babies fall into good nap routines in their own time" it's pretty much true.... Though things improved quite a lot at 7.5 months when she went into her own room and I stopped feeding her to sleep.....

Good luck!

ceeveebee Sat 27-Oct-12 23:29:58

My twins are nearly 12 mo and their routine has been the same for the last few weeks since I stopped bf (went back to work)

645 wake and bottle
8am breakfast
930am-1030/11 nap
11am snack
1230 lunch
2-3pm nap
3pm bottle
5pm tea
630 bottle and bed by 7pm

We do wake them every day at 645am if they are not already awake, as DH leaves at 715 and otherwise wouldn't see them, also I need to get out of the door for 815 to get to work.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sat 27-Oct-12 23:35:46

Mine:

7.30 - up, cereal and bottle
9.30 - snack (fruit)
10am - 4oz milk then down for a sleep (1hr)
12pm - lunch (takes an age as blw)
2pm - nap (1.5 hr max)
4pm - dinner (early as is at CMs who feeds all her mindees then)
6pm - cereal or toast
Bath
Bottle
Bed

Was working wonderfully til about a week ago when she started waking for.milk again at night and shouting blue murder til we fed her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now