Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried settling with cool boiled water?

(5 Posts)
Stokey Fri 26-Oct-12 19:08:59

Think GF suggests it. Dd2 was nearly sleeping through the night, dream feed and then waking between 5 and 6, but since I've started weaning her age 6 months is now waking every 3-4 hours again. Am doing BLW so haven't cut out any daytime milk feeds. She settles fine at 6.30-7, well I feed her to sleep, but then wakes at 9.30-10, again at 1.30- 2 and again at 5ish. We give her a bottle at the 10 feed, but the middle of the night one she just feeds for about 5 mins so I don't think she is really hungry.
Remember reading something about the core night and settling with water. Or any other suggestions? It's been going on for a couple of weeks so don't think it can be a growth spurt.

janx Fri 26-Oct-12 19:14:50

Ha - I remember trying that and it do didn't work / just ended up with a soaking wet baby... What about a cuddle if she's not hungry

janx Fri 26-Oct-12 19:15:31

Are you stokey as in Stoke Newington?

crochetcircle Fri 26-Oct-12 21:34:38

Yes, this worked for us. No need to book the water I don't think, but I did warm it slightly before it went in the bottle,

She didn't sleep through immediately but it was part of the process.

Stokey Sat 27-Oct-12 12:33:45

Yes it is Stoke Newington Janx tho we've moved a bit further east now to get a house. So I tried a cuddle, she cried as soon as I put her back, so went downstairs and got a cup of water, but that didn't work either. Kept trying to settle her without feeding, left her to cry a bit and finally broke and fed her after an hour. Probably sending out exactly the wrong message... if you cry for long enough you'll get fed... but just couldn't bear it any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now