Talk

Advanced search

11 month old naps

(5 Posts)
roz1982 Fri 26-Oct-12 13:33:08

Hi all just a quick one really

Ds is 11 months and is REFUSING an afternoon nap. It seems as though he will not nap early enough in the morn to be tired enough in the avo. He's really active and happy and healthy and sleeps mostly really well at night so is it a problem for him to only have one nap a day? Today I put him down 11.45 and he slep til 1.20 I'm thinking about making this a regular thing. Thanks for your thoughts xx

laurenamium Fri 26-Oct-12 13:47:22

DD has never napped for more than one hour in the day even when she was new born shes never liked sleep she will be 2 in December. It hasn't affected her development or anything smile

If your DC is happy enough with one mid day nap I wouldn't worry too much!

roz1982 Fri 26-Oct-12 18:49:50

Thanks for your response! Yes he is ok in the day has just gone off happily enough! One nap a day is easier anyway! X

laurenamium Fri 26-Oct-12 20:06:59

I agree! Especially a midday one, DD has hers just after lunch and I have between 12:30 and 1:30-2ish to nap clean. And time before and after to do lots of things out of the house! I'm a childminder though so my days are pretty much devoted to playgroups and school runs!

roz1982 Sat 27-Oct-12 07:38:02

Yep, it is really nice having that time at lunch just to eat your sandwich without sharing hahah!! And this morning on itv+1!! Well he was up quite early this morn so might not be able to hold him out til 12 today. I shall try though! Have a nice weekend x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: