Talk

Advanced search

Tell me....

(5 Posts)
potas Fri 26-Oct-12 07:56:24

...not to worry and this is normal and I'm doing the right thing! Or tell me otherwise :-)
13 week old baby has been sleeping really well - we havent tried to force anything but about a month ago he started sleeping from 11 - 7 ish - not every night but for the last 2 weeks pretty much every night - sometimes stirring but never needing fed. These last two days he seems to be having a growth spurt - wanting to feed all the time, wont settle as normal in the cot (usually very straightforward) has fed during the night both nights at random times - i.e. 1.30 one night - 5.30 the other. My plan is just go with it - keep trying to put him to bed at the same time etc, wake him at the same time, feed him if needed. I guess I just worry that this is the end of good sleeping and he will start feeding at random times at night now. Logically I'm sure he will return to how he was before but you hear so many stories about bad sleepers and I'm not sure how he ended up sleeping so well the first time so not sure how to make it happen again. Any advice?

Nigglenaggle Fri 26-Oct-12 20:21:14

Dont worry this is normal you are doing the right thing smile If he's hungry you cant help but feed him and growth spurts normally last a couple of days. If you are BFing you need to go with it for a few days to keep up production.

Iggly Fri 26-Oct-12 20:25:12

envy

fififrog Fri 26-Oct-12 21:31:46

And don't worry if sleep does get worse for a while, that's normal too!

Nigglenaggle Sun 28-Oct-12 12:50:20

Yes the number one rule of babies - just when you think you've got it sorted, everything changes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now