Talk

Advanced search

3 month old moving from moses basket to cot - how do you get them to sleep when you can't rock them?

(7 Posts)
cleanandclothed Tue 23-Oct-12 11:37:53

DS is getting too big for his moses basket. He is quite good at going to sleep (about 5-10 mins rocking usually does it) and if he wakes up slightly in the night then rocking very quickly puts him back to sleep. But what do I do when I can't rock him? Tried the cot at nap time today and it took 45 mins of mainly screaming sad

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 23-Oct-12 19:46:12

Can you feed him to sleep?

nextphase Tue 23-Oct-12 20:14:56

Rock him in your arms and transfer into the cot when asleep?
How are you rocking at the moment???

cleanandclothed Wed 24-Oct-12 09:40:06

For some of the time I can feed him to sleep, but the day routine is mostly feeding after naps not before. At the moment I rock the basket on the stand. I could rock him in my arms - it depends how long it takes!

LadyJ123 Thu 25-Oct-12 07:59:13

My DS2 is 3.5 mths and we're shortly going to move him into his cot from a moses basket. If he won't settle to sleep by himself I place my hand on his chest and rock the cradle that way. If you gradually lessen the rocking over a period of time then hopefully when he is moved into the cot he should be able to settle just by having your hand placed on his chest and jiggled a bit IYSWIM. It worked for DS1 (although he was a much better sleeper sad).

HTH

Alia01 Thu 25-Oct-12 16:34:10

Hi cleanandclothed.

Have u had any luck over the last few days? We have a 11 week old and just moved him from Moses basket to cot (last sat) he was a good sleeper too, but now it's all gone horribly wrong. Used to go from 7pm till 2pm then quick feed and awake at 6/7pm. Last night he went of to sleep fine, but woke at 10:45, 12:30, 3pm 5pm ad up at 7am. This has only been happening since being in cot.

Has anything been working for u?? x

cleanandclothed Mon 29-Oct-12 09:27:33

Have been using white noise. Has helped quite a bit but will want to wean him off that soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now