Talk

Advanced search

7 years old ..and still keeping us awake..

(3 Posts)
Tutti Sun 21-Oct-12 19:57:44

Title saysit all really.

Ds has never slept very well..we co slept to at least get some sleep..but we are still having to do it!!

We have tried everything bar meds.. he is on the go all the time but he does not sleep..you can lie next to him for 2 hours and he tosses turns..just when you think he has gone he asks you something.

he is a great thinker, always pondering on something, can be prone to worrying.

do I try meds?

SquidgersMummy Sun 21-Oct-12 23:37:18

I have worked with children with ADHD, learning disabilities and medical conditions - melatonin worked wonders for some. Apparently in some countries you can buy it for jetlag so it's not really harmful. My advice would be see your GP and insist on a referral to either a Community Paediatrician or Paediatrician in your area. (I doubt a GP would prescribe it but you never know). It helps get you off to sleep - not stay asleep - but that could be just the ticket!

Good luck!

X

SquidgersMummy Sun 21-Oct-12 23:44:37

Ooh, also if a thinker/worrier could you try a list: to be made each night: ie write down your worries/thoughts so you don't have to try and remember them. Also progressive muscular relaxation (google it) to relax the body. Works well with children I've seen at work with racing minds, worries or even if in pain.

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now