Talk

Advanced search

To all those people who tell me "Wait till they're teenagers, you'll struggle to wake them up" I have two words for you:

(18 Posts)
PeggyCarter Sun 21-Oct-12 19:47:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 22-Oct-12 00:20:33

smile

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 22-Oct-12 05:58:53

My plan is that when DS is 17 or 18 I will wake him at 1.5 hourly intervals throughout the night and demand he makes me a cup of tea. When he complains about the interruption to his sleep, I shall say, 'Didn't used to bother you. Now fetch me a biscuit, boy.'

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Mon 22-Oct-12 06:01:42

My teenagers could easily sleep through an air horn grin

As I have teenagers and little ones I have both ends of the scale in the mornings and we alternate between 'will you please go back to sleep' and 'will you please bloody get up' grin

PeggyCarter Mon 22-Oct-12 07:59:09

ditavonteesed Mon 22-Oct-12 08:01:03

we had to wake 9yo dd1 up today, I m hoping this is the start of things to come.

PeggyCarter Mon 22-Oct-12 18:32:54

SwivelHips Mon 22-Oct-12 19:38:13

Dsd is frigging nocturnal (17) threatened her with putting ds in her room, let us bloody sleep. To no avail alas...

NulliusInBlurba Mon 22-Oct-12 19:58:21

Ha Joyful, DD1 (14) can sleep through 16 hours straight - that's longer than she ever slept when she was a baby. Unfortunately those 16 hours tend to be from midnight until 4 pm during the holidays, so when she has to get up early for school she is suffering from radical sleep deprivation. She just CAN'T sleep earlier in the evening. So it's not all good news.

15 year old DD NEVER gets up when her alarm goes off (the bastarding thing wakes me though).

I think I will put it in a saucepan under her bed after she goes to sleep tonight.....

Indith Mon 22-Oct-12 20:05:00

My plan is rather like Elph's. Go to sleep. Half an hour later demand they rub my back. An hour after than ask for a drink and a biscuit. An hour later we will sing twinkle twinkle while I refuse to go back to sleep. Then we might play a bit, bounce on the bed, that sort of thing. Then I will need another drink and aback rub to get back to sleep. Then an hour later a couple of rounds of twinkle twinkle before getting up for the day 45 mins after than.

Indith Mon 22-Oct-12 20:05:35

Of ocurse I will do that when they have school the next day but I will have booked a day off work so I can sleep!

ipswichwitch Mon 22-Oct-12 21:41:03

We have the same idea puddlejumper
I also have been plotting to start sticking my fingers up DSs nose and poking him in the eye just as he goes to sleep (pitfalls of co-sleeping - I ended up with a scratched eyeball). And randomly playing with his hair too.

KirstyJC Mon 22-Oct-12 21:43:59

Love Indith's plan! I will add to that - following them around at bedtime, clinging to their legs and whining, then insisting they put me in a sling on their back until I fall asleep - only to wake the second they stop moving.

Fairylea Mon 22-Oct-12 21:46:48

Oh I miss sleep.

(Was up at 4.30am today with ds 4 mo who decided sleep was for wimps and it was time to get up and randomly chat in his cutest squeals).

Happylander Mon 22-Oct-12 21:52:54

I don't sleep well but my nearly 3 year old son does. This morning he woke up at 0800 and made his bed before coming into my room. Shame he is a bit of a shit the rest of the time LOL

TantrumsAndBalloons Mon 22-Oct-12 21:56:35

My ds1 could easily sleep through an air horn.

He sleeps through the alarm every day. It wakes the entire house but not him, oh no.

Uppermid Mon 22-Oct-12 21:59:36

I'm so glad it's not just me who has these plans.

Anyone else up for waiting til they get their own place then going over for dinner and seeing just how far we can spread it round the house. Emptying the cupboards and not putting anything back. Drawing on their brand new oak table - with a sharpie! Anytime it looks like they're relaxing ask them for something. Anytime they try and have a conversation with the other half/ friends interrupt them with some inane question

Ooooh I'm on a roll now, come join me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now