Talk

Advanced search

10 month old and naps/schedule - would welcome your views

(6 Posts)
rhetorician Fri 19-Oct-12 20:23:45

OK - DD2 has not been a very good sleeper to say the least. Her naps have been OK, but am wondering if/how we need to tweak her schedule.

7ish wake
10.30/11 nap - between hour and 1/4 and 2 hours (wake-up around 12/12.30)
lunch etc. Goes easily for this one
3/3.30 - nap, usually hard to get her to go, then have to wake her up around 4
bed 7/7.30, can take up to an hour to settle her to sleep

night-time is another story, but wondering if we should push morning nap later and just drop second one? is she too young?

just that settling her is so tricky if she has that afternoon nap - and worse if she has slept reasonably well at night

thanks - she's yelling, so have to go

SamSmalaidh Fri 19-Oct-12 20:31:37

I'd make the morning one shorter - 45 minutes from 10-10.45
Then afternoon nap 2pm-3.30pm/4pm

rhetorician Fri 19-Oct-12 20:40:56

OK - what's the reasoning behind that? same amount of daytime sleep, but differently distributed? still getting up at 4 and back to bed 7/7.30? I'm just curious as to why this would be better. I'm not in any sense saying I wouldn't follow your advice, but just want to know the reasoning behind it!

parsnipcake Fri 19-Oct-12 20:46:34

I am currently trying to discourage 10 month olds 1/2 hr morning nap (11amish) and get him to have a longer nap after lunch (12.30-2) as his 3pm nap is just too close to bedtime. I am giving him rice cakes and reading him stories and letting him snuggle but waiting till lunch before I put him in his cot. He is quite cranky at lunch, but I think it will work.

SamSmalaidh Fri 19-Oct-12 20:50:34

Just because it is easier to move a short morning nap to one long lunchtime nap. Also for me the shorter morning nap meant sleeping later in the morning, but if your DD is already sleeping til 7am then that isn't an issue for you!

rhetorician Fri 19-Oct-12 20:54:33

well I did miss out the midnight wake-up and the 4am wake-up (minimum) from that account grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now