Talk

Advanced search

Won't sleep on her own - wakes up every half an hour

(3 Posts)
Skang Tue 16-Oct-12 14:37:33

Hello

Last month I was trying to get my daughter (now 1) to sleep on her own for the evening before coming to bed with me. I tried in her cot and our bed. I'm not interested in doing cc at this point and pupd wouldn't work for us so I was trying to feed her to sleep in our bed and put her down asleep in the cot after spending an hour feeding her to sleep in a chair. My hope was that we followed a strict routine she would get used to and eventually move to putting her down awake. Problem was that she never slept for more than an hour and then I would have to feed her to sleep again, then gradually she was sleeping for less and less time until it was 30 mins of sleep. It completely defied the point (getting out evenings back) as I was forever up and down the stairs and got no down time at all and it was only gettin worse.

I'm thinking of trying again soon, possibly by moving the cot next to our bed.

Anyone have any advice? Or know why the cycle was getting shorter and shorter?

TIA

Skang Thu 25-Oct-12 13:20:12

Bump

DialsMavis Thu 25-Oct-12 14:11:18

I think that you need to get her to go to sleep in the first place on her own in her cot. If she is used to you being there when she will expect you there when she comes out of a sleep cycle. Apparently gradual withdrawal works well... Hopefully someone who has done it can come along and explain or you could google it. Although I am having terrible probs with my 23 month old who goes to sleep quite happily then screams the house down from
2am, even though she slept through for a year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now