Talk

Advanced search

Would I be mad to

(2 Posts)
Indith Tue 16-Oct-12 13:31:13

put the 7 month old into a single bed with a bed rail to stop him falling out?

He jsut doesn't stay asleep in a cot. I can't put him down in our bed any more because he is too mobile but since I put the drop side on the side car he has stopped staying sleep in the evening. I wonder if it is because he is going to sleep one place (my arms be it on the sofa, in a chair, in our bed) and waking up somewhere else so not settling back down. With his own bed I can lay with him and feed him and he's fall asleep there......then of course if he needs it at night get in with him.

We always end up co sleeping but he can be rather restless. When dh is away we co sleep very happily, he rolls away from me and is far more settled. I'm wondering if a bed would have the same effect.

Except he would have to go in with his brother which I wasn't planning on doing until he was sleeping better!

Anyone done it?

I suppose it is worth a shot as I'd have to buy a bed for him anyway. Shame my parents are away at half term, I could have offloaded the big 2 and experimented with one of their beds!

Indith Tue 16-Oct-12 14:16:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now