Talk

Advanced search

How I do I get DD to nap longer than 30 mins?!

(3 Posts)
PickledLily Mon 15-Oct-12 04:40:32

I've tried settling her just before she stirs (she wakes up), as soon as she stirs (she settles in my arms but wakes as soon as she is put down), leaving her in her cot (she just plays and/or cries), putting her down when she has a glazed look, when she starts to yawn, pushing her around in the pram, driving in the car...

Nothing seems to work.

Apart from being a PITA because I can't get anything done during the day, I'm desperately clutching at straws hoping if I fix it, she may not wake at 3, 4 and/or 5am every morning. She has 3, sometimes 4 (if I'm lucky) naps during the day.

She's 7m. Oh, and any suggestions for calming her down before sleep? Most of the 'usual' things just have the opposite effect hmm

llamallama Mon 15-Oct-12 04:54:47

My DD was exactly like this! I'm afraid to stay that nothing worked but when she was around 9/10 months she naturally lengthened her naps by herself and now naps for 1-2 hours.

Actually the only place she would sleep longer than 30 minutes was the car! I spent a lot of time sat outside my house in the car!

PickledLily Mon 15-Oct-12 05:06:16

Oh dear, 9 months? I'm not sure how they keep going! Did your DD wake early/constantly too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now