Talk

Advanced search

18mo stopped napping

(5 Posts)
sarahloula Sun 14-Oct-12 19:16:06

My 18 month old for the last 6 months has napped between 11 and 12, gone to bed at 7 and woken up at 6.30-7 in the morning. For the last fortnight she has stopped napping. Is this normal. She is going to bed earlier and still getting up at the same time. Do I need to try and get her back into napping again? She seems very young to have stopped napping.

I can't let her nap later because if she does she goes to bed very late.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sun 14-Oct-12 19:26:23

Every child is different I'm afraid so the naps could well be up sad

Ds1 napped for 2 hours+ every day until he was 3.

Ds2 naps for 1 hour a day and he's 15 months sad

Could try maybe getting her out more? Does she go to any playgroups, or does she walk quite a bit if out? She at nursery? Maybe wrap up an get out to the park in the mornings, burn off extra energy?

omama Sun 14-Oct-12 20:39:14

Some kids do drop their naps early but the majority will still need a nap at this age.

Perhaps she's not tired enough to nap at 11am anymore - that is quite early? At 17/18 months my DS got up at 7am & napped at 12.30pm, by 19/20 months we had to push it out to 1pm because he wasn't tired enough to go down at his former time anymore. Now at 2.2 naptime is becoming more like 1.30pm. HTH.x

omama Sun 14-Oct-12 20:41:32

BTW my DS does also go to bed later at 8pm. Its an unfortunate fact that a later nap means a slightly later bedtime. We tried the shorterning the nap/no nap route so he could keep an earlier bedtime but soon found that he got so very overtired his full nap had to be reinstated & we have to live with the 8pm BT in the meantime until its dropped fully.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sun 14-Oct-12 20:43:38

DD stopped napping at 12 months, I think they are all different.

If she's happy during the day then I would say she's done with naps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now