Talk

Advanced search

Cocoonababy

(10 Posts)
twizzlestix Sat 13-Oct-12 17:22:53

My Daughter is 5 weeks and I was thinking about buying one of these:

Cocoonababy

to help her get used to sleeping in the cot. She's quite long and it doesn't look like the Moses basket will last us until 6 months. This looks like a 'safe' way of making the cotbed space smaller and more cosy for her. I'd use initially for daytime naps, keeping her in with us at night until she incredible hulks out of the basket smile

Has anyone used one? Am I insane to consider spending £130 on something to help improve sleep?

ElphabaTheGreen Sat 13-Oct-12 19:02:57

We put DS straight into his cot bed from his first night at home with one of these to promote feet to foot, plus bumpers to make the space cosier. It's a lot cheaper and you'll be using it for several months, not just weeks.

twizzlestix Sat 13-Oct-12 20:44:45

Thank you, I had no idea that existed!

MrsNPattz Sat 13-Oct-12 20:53:22

elphaba they look very handy, think we will have to purchase one of these as I'm not sure how much longer my little one will last in his Moses either!

BertieBotts Sat 13-Oct-12 20:55:37

Why don't you just try her in the cot to see if she likes it before shelling out on gadgets that you might not even need?

You can always start off putting the moses basket inside the cot so she gets used to the "view" first if you are worried smile

Tincletoes Sat 13-Oct-12 21:00:03

I mean this on the nicest possible way, but it looks like a very pfb purchase (I should know, I had several of those purchases myself blush)

If you have plenty of disposable income then why not, but I wouldn't scrimp and save so you can afford it IYSWIM!

legoballoon Sat 13-Oct-12 21:00:04

Or put two rolled up bath sheets either side of the baby, and put the bedsheet over these (so they can't come unrolled and suffocate her). Always put her feet at the bottom of the cot anyway, so she can't shuffle down under any blankets.

BertieBotts' tip to use the moses basket inside the cot is also a good one.

I think shelling out £120 for a 'nest' is ridiculous - it's one of those items that first time parents' get suckered into buying, and it's really not necessary. If your baby is 5wks, don't expect sleep patterns to 'improve' any time soon. Just make sure you find time to catch up on sleep yourself during the day (when she is napping ideally, or send DP or another trusted person out with DD in her pram for an hour and get your head down) - even if you only do this 2 or 3 times a week, it will help you survive these first few months / years.

Newtothisstuff Sat 13-Oct-12 21:02:43

When dd was little she was in hospital and the nurse rolled blankets into a sausage shape and made a little nest for her with a bed sheet over it ! Worked a treat

LIG1979 Sun 14-Oct-12 18:36:59

I agreed with the sausage shaped rolled blanket- worked a treat when dd was tiny.

SarryB Tue 16-Oct-12 12:01:54

I'm with the sausage blanket brigade. I also put the carrycot into the actual cot for about 3 weeks before he went into the cot full time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now