Talk

Advanced search

Gro clock sleep trainer

(6 Posts)
wildpoppy Fri 12-Oct-12 23:07:01

It's expensive but prepared to spent it if it works. Anyone used one?

Flojo1979 Fri 12-Oct-12 23:10:03

I got one about a month ago as my 3 yr old was driving me potty keep getting out of bed at all hrs.
She now says in bed all night.
Highly recommend. Def worth the money.

Cee3008 Fri 12-Oct-12 23:27:40

How does it work/what does it do?

Flojo1979 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:55:09

It doesn't do an awful lot but my DD loves it.
She's 3 and is a good age for it, tho could work with younger ones, I guess it depends on their understanding.
Basically it has a day face with a sun and glows yellow and it has a night face with a star and glows blue and u tell your child they've not to get out of bed til the sun face is on.
U can set the sun face to come on whenever u want, ours is 7am. My DD stays in bed, even when awake til the sun face appears.
It also comes with a cute book, which is a lovely bedtime story about a pig that didn't get enough sleep.
I'm considering buying another for my DS he's 7 but as it shows the digital time too I think it'll help him stay in bed too.
If I was u I'd give it as go, if u don't like it sell it on eBay, they r really popular and holding their value.

BabiesNeedInstructions Sun 14-Oct-12 06:29:15

I agree, def worth it. Our ds1 has gone from 5:30 waking to after 7am over the last couple of months. He's only 22mo but it's such a simple concept he understands he has to stay quiet in bed until he sees the sun.

elspethmcgillicuddy Sun 14-Oct-12 06:37:19

Ours has worked well too. As I type 3yr old DS is sat up in bed reading books to himself. He knows not to bother us until we get the shouts of "It's the SUUUUUUUNNN" grin

He also stopped napping quite young (just under 2) but I couldn't handle him not having some 'rest time' in the day so he has an hour in his room where he just plays while DD sleeps. The gro clock is great for that because he can see what time his rest ends at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now