Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask (duvet and cot bed)

(24 Posts)
dubbada Fri 12-Oct-12 12:02:13

what age did you introduce the duvet on a cot bed, and how dc2 rejected sleep bags so only had blanket but with winter thinking of intro small duvet?

Dahlen Fri 12-Oct-12 12:03:16

I am an awful mother. I can't actually remember. blush

Dahlen Fri 12-Oct-12 12:03:45

Sorry. That was spectacularly unhelpful wasn't it.

QuenelleIsOrangeAndGoldForNow Fri 12-Oct-12 12:04:43

DS went from a sleeping bag in a cot into a single bed with duvet at 2.6.

dubbada Fri 12-Oct-12 12:05:03

made me laugh though

laurenamium Fri 12-Oct-12 12:06:50

DD will be 2 in December and she has a duvet and pillow, has done about a month. In her cot bed, sides are up still but one side will be coming off next weekend as she is starting to try to climb out! I have her lighter blanket too and just swap depending on room temperature and how she feels!

Pancakeflipper Fri 12-Oct-12 12:07:22

My DS2 was nearly 2 yrs old.
Cannot remember with DS1.

I changed DD to a duvet last week, she is only 16mo, I wanted to keep her in her bag for a bit longer yet but she could get out of the one she has so it seemed pointless keeping her in it!

DeWe Fri 12-Oct-12 12:28:58

All round about 2yo.

I found they all slept better with the duvet. I didn't give them a pillow until they asked though. Even now ds (5yo) often sleeps without his head on the pillow.

It's only a baby duvet though, the kind that's part of a cot bedding set, not a full on thick duvet like what I have on my bed.

Icelollycraving Fri 12-Oct-12 12:31:00

I did a thread on this about two weeks ago,if I wasn't so lazy I would link to it but never bothered learning blush
I got a duvet & pillow last week for ds from john Lewis. He is 15 months & is snuggling nicely at night. I was worried he would fall in a grobag.

R2PeePoo Fri 12-Oct-12 12:31:31

About 2 I think.

He has a single bed sized duvet so I can tuck the excess under the mattress. When he was smaller I had the duvet across the bed rather than along it, but now his toes are sticking out at 3, so he gets to have it lengthways and the excess tucked under the end of the mattress instead of the sides.

Icelollycraving Fri 12-Oct-12 12:32:42

Oh & got the john Lewis basics ones as the lady said that the other ones in their range were the same but in nicer packaging.

Noqontrol Fri 12-Oct-12 12:34:13

Nearly 2 I think. I got a full size single and tucked it in at the bottom and down one side to help stop ds falling out.

Shutupanddrive Fri 12-Oct-12 12:35:12

Mine were in sleeping bags until they moved from cot to bed at about 3 years old

wigglesrock Fri 12-Oct-12 12:39:42

My 20 month old is in a single bed with a duvet, sometimes a pillow, mine never took to sleeping/grobags bags, I never used them.

GoSakuramachi Fri 12-Oct-12 12:42:02

yabu.

Lilicat1013 Fri 12-Oct-12 12:45:57

He has a baby duvet from the cot bedding set from the first winter after he was born. Born in March, so he must have been seven/eight months when I swapped from blanket to duvet. He never liked sleeping bags so we never did that.

He got the pillow just before he turned one because he kept bundling up the duvet and using it as a pillow so it seemed he wanted one. Apparently he did, the pillow became his comfort item and he still carries it everywhere.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Oct-12 12:47:53

Hi there,

We have moved this thread to sleep now.

<zzzzzzzzzzz>

Josie5 Fri 12-Oct-12 15:17:19

Does anyone recommend a tog? John Lewis have a tog 7 recommended for winter but seems pretty hot to me?

Icelollycraving Fri 12-Oct-12 15:28:04

I got the 4. Jl lady told me that v small children can overheat with a 7.

caeleth Fri 12-Oct-12 16:14:32

Ds has had a baby duvet from birth - they were used in hospital too... up in the cold north, but he's a June babyDs

Josie5 Fri 12-Oct-12 16:30:01

Thanks we will go with a 4 am scared going from sleeping bag to duvet will result in sleepless nights but here goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now