Talk

Advanced search

So, I've been conducting an experiment on my toddler this week and the results are...

(5 Posts)
Aboxofmaltesers Thu 11-Oct-12 08:43:11

That without a nap he sleeps better. Not ground breaking I realise but at 22mo I thought we would have a while before we dropped the nap < selfish mother who liked and hour of relaxation and MN>.

DS has always been a poor sleeper. As a baby we co-slept (a term I use loosely as neither of us slept that much) to a difficult to settle toddler who we had to rock to sleep and settle several times overnight. Last week was the straw that broke the camels back, refusing to settle, over an hour of rocking and another hour of screaming and still not asleep at 9.30pm. And still up at 6am. I work full time shifts and I'd really had enough, so on the suggestion of my DM (who has had plenty to say on the whole sleeping ishooo) we dropped his usual 1 - 1 1/2hour nap he usually has at 11.30 - 12ish.

And he goes to bed. And he sleeps all night. (7.30pm - 6am) And I feel like a new woman.
Hope I haven't jinxed it!

But isn't 22mo at bit young for no naps? Has anyone else had a toddler who doesn't appear to need that much sleep?

Reassurance needed!
TIA

DoubleYew Thu 11-Oct-12 08:46:14

I did the same at, I think, 23 months and it made the evenings much easier. Unfortunately he's been ill for ages so has re-instated his nap himself, sometimes at 5pm <sigh>.

My dd have up naps at 21 months (when I was 6mo pg with ds grrrrr) as I noticed she'd started sleeping badly at night.

Ds didn't give up his naps until he was 3. Every child's different and all that.

PeggyCarter Thu 11-Oct-12 08:51:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aboxofmaltesers Thu 11-Oct-12 08:54:33

He's not the only one then! Just feel a bit robbed wink
Nice to have an evening back though, let's see how long it lasts......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now