Talk

Advanced search

Co-sleeping with newborn

(5 Posts)
MissPollysTrolleyed Mon 01-Oct-12 12:07:27

My DD is five days old and not keen on her moses basket. I re-arranged things so that she could safely co-sleep with me but that doesn't seem to be enough and she will only sleep lying on me which is probably not a safe co-sleeping option. So, I have brokered a compromise whereby she lies sideways in the crook of my arm, head on my shoulder and body facing mine. This elevates her head slightly and I'm worried that it might be bad for her spine.

Any advice, tips or alternative positions that you've tried and tested?

baddyfreckleface Mon 01-Oct-12 12:45:34

Hi and congratulations!

That's the position I ended up in with both my Dds. I also seem to remember some convoluted position involving an awful lot of pillows to prop me and dd up so neither of us were going anywhere.

Have fun!

MissPollysTrolleyed Mon 01-Oct-12 13:10:05

Thanks Baddysmile. How long before you managed to offload them to a more distant part of the bed and then to their own beds?

baddyfreckleface Mon 01-Oct-12 16:01:55

Haha! Sorry I have my own thread about my bad sleeper! Although I honestly don't blame co sleeping for any of it. She is now unsettled whether co sleeping or in her cot. I would still co sleep if it meant she slept but she doesn't!

Both Dds slept in that position until about 4/5 months when they started the night in a cot and then came in with us when they woke for a feed.

Dd1 was in her own cot and room from 7 months no problem and waking for a feed once a night then back in her cot.
Dd2 is in her own cot and room from 7months too. We have problems with her but it's not about co sleeping.

MissPollysTrolleyed Wed 03-Oct-12 12:37:10

Thanks Baddy; this is reassuring. Meanwhile, I hav started swaddling and that worked last night. I started with her stuck in my armpit (lucky lady) and was quickly able to mover her a bit further away once she'd settled. I am sleeping so soundly and having very vivid dreams so a bit nervous of sleeping with her too close.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now