Talk

Advanced search

8-9-10 month sleep regression WTAF

(3 Posts)
JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 23-Sep-12 10:18:18

I'm adding this to my list of Things Nobody Told Me About, along with tearing, colic and poo-once-on-solids.

After aaages, just as DS finally started sleeping through, all this nighttime weirdness started. We did a Google and found out about this 8 month sleep regression, although there is clearly some disagreement about when it happens.

So: is it just one sleep regression that can start any time, or do they have three end-to-end? DS seems to favour the latter interpretation. What are your success stories? WHEN WILL IT STOP?

Madallie Sun 23-Sep-12 10:30:56

I'm with you on this one. DD 9mo seems to have one sleep regression, few good days, another long sleep regression, a few good days, then oh look...another sleep regression! Waiting for those good days now!

I'm not sure there are ages to these sleep regressions. Think they're all phases/development issues that will come, go, start again etc as and when they want. Come to the conlcusion (in my experience anyway) there's not a lot you can do about it to change anything above just continuing to encourage good sleeping habits really.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 23-Sep-12 11:01:29

Oh yes, we have the occasional good day too! Though in a way that makes the whole thing even more exquisitely cruel.

I'm doing well with encouraging good sleep habits anyway, so long as by that you mean burying my head under the pillow and sobbing "Shut uuuurp" and eventually shovelling Calpol into him in the vain hope that that will fix things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now