Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a good sound/light cot soother please...

(10 Posts)
LaTristesse Fri 21-Sep-12 20:12:36

I'm looking for one of those things that straps onto the cot and plays lullabies / does light shows... Anything to help LO fall asleep. I had one with DS but it was pretty basic, they seem to do all sorts these days. Which one should I get?

Iggly Fri 21-Sep-12 21:04:52

How old? I found this worked with DD (not with ds though who like cuddles/rocking!

LaTristesse Fri 21-Sep-12 22:11:21

Thanks. She's 6mo and currently feeds to sleep...

VintageNancy Sat 22-Sep-12 15:20:09

Quite a few of my mom friends rave about the seahorse too. I'm tempted! Let me know if you get one LaT.

Iggly Sat 22-Sep-12 19:00:32

Dd feeds to sleep too. I have an older one and if I needed to Nao them both, I could feed dd and stick in the cot with the seahorse snd she would fall asleep. No longer works now she'd 9 months though!!

pommedechocolat Sun 23-Sep-12 21:32:23

We have a Ewan the sheep. The light is disappointing but the music/sounds are good and last for 20 mins. I find most way too short and seahorse review says only 5 mins too.

emsyj Sun 23-Sep-12 21:36:16

We've got this fisher price one - DD loved it and kept it until we took the bars off her cot. Planning to use it for DC2 too.

emsyj Sun 23-Sep-12 21:37:54

PS DD used to switch it on herself during the night if she woke up as it's just a big button that you push to activate it - many times we'd wake up to hear the music and when we went in, she'd be fast asleep again!

minibmw2010 Mon 24-Sep-12 07:15:26

We have Ewan the sheep too, works brilliantly with my DS (16 mths) and I've bought it as presents for several friends who are having babies I liked it so much. Also, now he's older, DS loves it as a toy also smile

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Mon 24-Sep-12 07:23:12

Yes- the seahorse!! Horrible neon thing that it is, it bloody works wonders. Have given it to all my friends. I

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now