Talk

Advanced search

When to get rid of bed guard

(6 Posts)
Boot1 Tue 11-Nov-03 10:17:29

Whilst making my DD's bed this morning I was thinking about taking away her bed guard and it got me thinking when is the best time. She is over 3 1/2 and a very good sleeper. Do I just risk it and see what happens. I know she likes it but I don't want her to become too used to it. I don't suppose there is an age limit to this but wondered what Mumsnetters have done.

3GirlsMum Tue 11-Nov-03 10:34:06

Hi Boot

I would try taking it away and maybe put something on the floor so that if she does fall out she will have a soft landing. Also, maybe you could make sure she has a top sheet on and tuck her in with that.

HTH

T x

Boot1 Tue 11-Nov-03 13:42:39

3GM - that's a good idea, will try this evening I think.

evian Fri 14-Nov-03 16:42:49

don't tell her your taking away - just see if she notices - again makes sure there's pillows or something on the floor

rivig Fri 14-Nov-03 16:46:49

don't think I can ever get rid of ours and I would dearly love to but our dd practically sleeps hugging it.

IDismyname Fri 14-Nov-03 22:42:18

Boot1
Try slipping a pillow or 2 under the mattress, so as to angle her slightly towards the wall- side of the bed, then she'll have to fall out uphill!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: