Talk

Advanced search

Routine (Gina...shhh) and clocks changing

(9 Posts)
coraltoes Mon 24-Oct-11 16:26:39

does anyone know what Gina Ford suggests for coping with clock changes? We are pretty much doing her routine but I don't have her book anymore. Dd is 7 minths and sleeps 7 til 6.30 but I don't know how to adjust to accommodate time change. Do not want to wake at 5.30!!

Perhaps the secret lies in postponing her naps a bit??

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Mon 24-Oct-11 16:32:09

We didnt do GF, but had a fixed lunch and bedtime- we moved everything by half an hour for a few days, then by the full hour after that period. Worked ok.

I have no idea if she suggests anything...but babies are a lot more flexible than she suggests and it tends to be sorted within a week smile

naturalbaby Mon 24-Oct-11 19:59:49

i'm on my 3rd baby and somehow it's never seemed to be an issue - they kind of sorted themselves out magically! we plan to change by 1/2hr just in case.

have been going Gina's routine too but it's gone out the window a bit. wish there was a gina/routine thread i could check out for tips and help.

coraltoes Mon 24-Oct-11 22:30:45

Thanks ladies. I'm not religious about Gina but use it as a structure to the day. Some days we are text book...others we have possibly burned the textbook! Agree, a gina a thread would be handy, especially as i refuse to pay to join her own forum!!

Nice to hear babies seem to just sort themselves. Think I will take your half hour suggestions to help her on her way to decent sleep.

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Tue 25-Oct-11 08:23:00

There was a gina thread somewhere, but not sure if there still is (its likely to be called Routines rather than mention GF- there is a lot of criticism of her methods here (not sure if you are aware she tried to take MN to court over what was said here-she is known as "she who must not be named swmnbn" by many of us smile

naturalbaby Tue 25-Oct-11 08:49:41

I was aware there was some sort of Gina related issue, and don't/can't follow it to the letter either. Will have a hunt for routine related threads. thanks

mnistooaddictive Tue 25-Oct-11 08:56:21

I shifted everything by 15 mins then a couple if days later another 15 mins etc. I used to start Wednesday before the clocks change

matana Tue 25-Oct-11 10:39:07

I don't follow GF and am baby led, but my DS does have his own natural routine and you can pretty much set your watch by him.

I am a big bang theorist - i.e. just do it without any slowly slowly break them in gently nonsense. DS barely turned a hair when the clocks went forward in the spring and was exactly the same when we took him to France in September and brought him back in the same week. He's now 11 months. We just follow the new hours ourselves and get him to do the same.

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Tue 25-Oct-11 12:27:40

matana you are blessed then grin when the clocks went forward I had a tantrumming over tired boy who was a nightmare!!

The clocks going back are easier to handle ime smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now