Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

15 weeks old.....help!

(3 Posts)
snowchick1977 Fri 21-Oct-11 08:31:12

Hi

Dd is 15 weeks old, was born 4 weeks early weighed 5lb 6oz.

She was ebf until 10 weeks when we introduced a bottle of formula, to get her used to it when I return to work. She has been an ok sleeper, waking at 12,3 and 6 for 10 minute feeds....i've tried not feeding her in case it is just habit, but she does seem hungry.

Anyway this last week we have been following the routine below, but the waking at 3, 4, 5 and 6 is killing me because im effectively up and awake from 3 really with napping inbetween.

Can anyone suggest anything to improve this routine......so that she sleeps in the early hours?

Thanks in advance

9.30am breastfeed 30 mins
12.30. Breastfeed 30 mins
2.30 breastfeed 30 mins
6pm formula feed 6oz
8.15pm bath
8.30pm formula feed 5oz
10.30pm dreamfeed formula 4oz
1.30am breastfeed 20 mins
4am breastfeed 10 mins
6am breastfeed 10 mins

P.s. I am slowly going to formula (dont want to really) but have to due to return to work.

snowchick1977 Fri 21-Oct-11 08:32:05

Also, she doesnt need settling or rocking to sleep at all, we just put her down and she sleeps. Not sure if that helps?

childsleepsolutions Fri 21-Oct-11 20:00:20

Hi there, great that she can self-settle so well, you should be proud of yourself that you have taught her this! Also a great routine though I have the following suggestions:
1)Could her digestive system be struggling with the formula? Perhaps you could try alternating with breast and bottle throughout the day to help with this instead of 3 formula feeds in a row.
2) I would suggest that you try and settle her some other way at the 4am feed as she probably doesn't need this feed. Could you try the shush pat method (Tracy Hogg, The Baby Whisperer) to settle her instead. I am a baby sleep consultant and have a lot of succes with this sort of method.
3) Does she nap well in the day to make sure she is not over tired? Ideally 45 minutes in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and a 30 min cat nap at 4.30ish? Though not all babies can manage long naps so do not stress if she doesn't.
Hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any questions x Nicola Watson

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now