Talk

Advanced search

DH's alarm waking up DS

(10 Posts)
marzipananimal Thu 20-Oct-11 07:50:11

DS's room is right next to ours and he is sometimes getting woken by DH's alarm, about 45mins - an hour before he would normally wake. His alarm is not very loud. Can anyone think of a solution?

MmeLindor. Thu 20-Oct-11 07:53:25

DH uses his mobile phone, set to silent and vibrate, under his pillow.

springboksaplenty Thu 20-Oct-11 07:53:55

I have my mobile on vibrate and under my pillow as I get up ridiculously early and my ds (and dh) are still fast asleep. I would try it out and see if it is enough to get dh up

marzipananimal Thu 20-Oct-11 12:24:46

I did suggest he put it under his pillow but he claims he'll lose it hmm I'll suggest it again with the backing of mumsnet and maybe he'll try it smile

MmeLindor. Thu 20-Oct-11 13:48:43

How can he lose it? Where would it go? Do you have a black hole under your bed?

Or he could stick it inside the pillow case, keeping it safe from nasty alarm clock stealing fairies.

marzipananimal Thu 20-Oct-11 19:00:45

My sentiments exactly! He reckons he moves his pillows around in the night too much. Inside the pillowcase is a good idea though

MangoMonster Thu 20-Oct-11 19:06:33

This happens to us at 5:30. He now sleeps with it under his pillow and a less penetrating alarm sound.

MangoMonster Thu 20-Oct-11 19:07:27

The worse thing is when he hits snooze and it happens twice or three times, very annoying.

KD0706 Fri 21-Oct-11 19:01:58

mangomonster my DH does the snooze thing too and drives me mental. Sometimes he does loads of snoozes, waking me every ten mins for half an hour. Then if I get out of bed he's all like 'go back to sleep, try and have a lie in'. Completely oblivious to the fact it's HIM who has disturbed me!!!

And breathe...

MangoMonster Fri 21-Oct-11 19:07:42

KD I really feel your pain angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now