Talk

Advanced search

Temperature

(7 Posts)
mummytasha11 Wed 19-Oct-11 22:03:13

Hi everyone

Just wondering what your putting your dcs in as the nights are getting colder?
I've just gone in to check my 9 mo old ds and put another blanket on him...

If u put them In a sleeping bag what tog is it? Might have to buy one!

redcamels Wed 19-Oct-11 22:16:42

DS' room is 22 degrees and he's in a long sleeve vest, babygro and 2.5 tog Grobag.

Patopopo Thu 20-Oct-11 03:00:56

DD's room was 18c this evening but it has dropped two degrees to 16c in the past few hours. She is in a long sleeve vest, sleeping suit and a 2.5 tog Ikea sleeping bag. As the temperature fell to 16c I added a blanket. She is 17 weeks old, so we are still new at this and are struggling to figure out and find the right balance between temperatures and clothing, particularly now that the weather is cooling. Any advice on judging clothing would be greatly appreciated.

(And not to hijack your thread. But I've found quite big discrepancies over sleeping bags labeled 2.5 tog. Some use quite thick warm material, where as, I have found other bags from the same brand manufacture, are thinner and cooler. It seems the standard tog measurement is anything but standard, which makes it even harder to judge if your setup is correct.)

marzipananimal Thu 20-Oct-11 07:43:40

It has gone down to 14 degrees in DS's room (he's nearly 14months). We put him in long sleeved vest, cotton sleepsuit, fleece sleepsuit and two 2.5 tog sleeping bags! He still felt cold this morning confused Not sure what else we can do as blankets won't stay on

Timeoutofmind Thu 20-Oct-11 07:55:57

My DDs room is around 20 degrees when we put her to bed but will drop a bit through the night. She has cotton pjs or sleep suit and a 2.5 tog grobag. Will start putting a vest on her too as the nights are getting colder!

snowchick1977 Fri 21-Oct-11 09:38:25

Crikey! I dont think im wrapping my dd up enough. It was 19 degrees in our room and she had a sleepsuit and a thin blanket?

StoneBaby Sat 22-Oct-11 19:09:13

DS room is around 18C dropping to 16C during the night. He sleeps in a long or short sleeves vest, fanelle type sleepsuit, a walking sleeper and a 2.5tog sleeping bag. Plus if needed I have a blanket to put over him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now