Talk

Advanced search

Worried about cold nights

(7 Posts)
mummytasha11 Sat 15-Oct-11 22:39:19

Hi everyone

Was just wondering really because my 9 mo ds kicks his covers off and wriggles around ALOT in the night and although I tuck him in he always seems to not have any blanket on him when I check.....
I have tried gro bags but he doesn't like them as they restrict him so I don't really know what else to do.. He wears a vest and a sleepsuit every Night but worry when the cold weather comes he won't be warm enough.

Any advice?

dikkertjedap Sat 15-Oct-11 23:49:40

Could you make sure his room is around 20 degrees celsius all through the night? Then it shouldn't matter I would think. Otherwise a warm sleepsuit in a slightly cooler room (18 degrees or so).

Iggly Sun 16-Oct-11 08:13:13

You can get thicker sleepsuits - primark, mothercare, next all do them.

Also keep trying the grobag for a few nights.

How warm is his room at the moment?

DS is 2 and out of grobags (in a bed). He doesn't like blankets. So on cold nights I put him in a fleecy sleepsuit with a vest and have the heating come on for 3am. It gets down to single figures outside on some nights now (we're in south London)!

gushofbloodtothefloor Sun 16-Oct-11 08:25:20

We do same as Iggy - fleecy sleepsuit over cotton pajamas. DS NEVER stays under covers. He doesn't seem to mind it being on the chilly side, in fact hates being hot. DD is the same, she has a 4.5 tog duvet all year round (but kicks it off in summer)

mousyfledermaus Sun 16-Oct-11 08:39:06

when we went camping and it got cold at night (8degrees) we put dd in:
a short sleved vest
a long sleved vest
tights
socks
one thin cotton sleepsuit
one thicker fleece sleepsuit
a cotton hat
mittens (but she wriggled those off)

she was fine.
I on the other hand was freezing in my polar grade sleeping bag...

coraltoes Mon 17-Oct-11 13:06:16

John Lewis had what looked like a sleeping bag but with legs! Might be your solution?

BenRoo Mon 17-Oct-11 15:14:28

Hmmm I was just going to start a similar discussion after a friend commented on what her son wore to bed.
My 11mo DS has only been wearing cotton pyjamas with a small duvet which he kicks off over him.
He is a constant night waker who has got increasingly worse over the last couple? (can't remember through sleep deprivation) of weeks.

<jumps in car,off to shops to buy sleeping bag>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now