Talk

Advanced search

2 year old awake every night for 2-3 hours

(3 Posts)
RachelDC Thu 13-Oct-11 13:55:35

I have a two year old who will not sleep through the night. She wakes every night usually around 11pm and is then awake until 2-3am. She is not hungry or thirsty she is tired and if you pick her up she nods off in your arms, but then as soon as you put her down she wakes again.

We have tried controlled crying it doesnt work she just screams and screams and screams all night. I dont want to drug her to make her sleep but I feel like I am losing my sanity.

We just sent her for a few days with my parents in the hope a break in the cycle might help, last night i was with her for 3 hours, she wont have my husband cuddle or lie in bed with her, I have to be the one. I get into her bed she settles a bit but tossess and turns, when I get up to leave a few hours later she is still awake and screams all over again. But during the day she is a real Daddy's girl so I dont know why she wont let her dad comfort her at night.

We have a 4 year old who just started school and so when she screams she wakes him up and then he is tired and cant cope with school.

Any and all suggestions welcome as I feel I am going insane. I have to work and I just wiped out.

thanks

Iggly Thu 13-Oct-11 21:24:38

How much day sleep does she get? What about fresh air?
Could she be teething? It could be dull pain disturbing her at a low level.

Also what about diet and does she watch much tv?

RachelDC Fri 21-Oct-11 09:56:38

Strangely enough she seems to have now decided that sleep is a good thing! We put white noise on her radio and that seems to have done the trick.

SHe has all her teeth and is really active, she doesnt watch tv, her quiet time is books, she is ok at eating although wont eat much veg. She appears to be taking after her brother in loving apples.

I will see how we go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now