Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there a 1 year regression?!

(6 Posts)
threeinmybed Sun 09-Oct-11 14:00:56

DS is 1 next week, and this past week or so his sleep seems to have gone markedly worse. Last night he woke up about midnight and took about 45 minutes to be settled. Today he was tired as a result, had a nap about 9:30 for an hour and is now refusing any sort of afternoon nap.

There is a lot of crying going on from my usually chirpy little chap, it's driving me to tears myself almost. Anyone got any advice?

Samvet Sun 09-Oct-11 14:36:46

There is a developmental leapy thing around then I think. My 13 m old's sleep has gone a bit to pot too. Am hoping just a phase that will settle down...

StetsonsAreCool Sun 09-Oct-11 20:26:20

Check out www.thewonderweeks.com - specifically mental leap 7 and 8 (46 and 55 weeks respectively).

DD has had a sleep 'regression' at every single one of these, give or take a week. It settles within a couple of weeks. I remember the 55 week one was particularly awful though. We're about to hit the 75 week one and I just can't wait... hmm smile

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 09-Oct-11 20:30:33

don't know the official line, but there is definitely one going on in this house
<weeps with tiredness>

NickNacks Sun 09-Oct-11 20:35:25

Oh I could have writeen this post two weeks ago. DD is 13 months and had an awful few weeks but we seem to be back on track now. I think the older they get the quicker it is to 'retrain' them.

NickNacks Sun 09-Oct-11 20:35:43

written

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now