Talk

Advanced search

logistics of cosleeping

(6 Posts)
ReastieHorrorShow Sun 09-Oct-11 08:03:07

I'm thinking about the possibility of cosleeping - dd is being a nightmare and dh and i haven't slept well for what feels like ages. DD is just quite clingy and wants cuddles from one of us. Thing is, aside from the worry I'll roll on to dd, I'm wondering about:

1. Would DD just roll out of bed, either in her sleep or if she woke up in the night (DH and I are sleeping in separate rooms at the min) ? Should I put a pile of pillows on the empty side of the bed to help this or might it just be that they fall on her and suffocate her in the night?
2. Would this encourage her to bf in the night more than she would usually do because I'm there and it's available and she can smell it? (she rarely feeds between dream feed and the morning but if I'm up with her in the night (dh does usually) she always ends out feeding with me as she knows it's there and fancies it even though she'd be soothed fine by dh without milk)
3. Erm, I usually thrash about with my duvet all night and wake up with it the other way around/upside down/wonky/half lying on it etc. I also like it right up high nearly over my face. What if I smother dd with it without realising? shock On a similar vein dd has a grobag on so do I put her over the duvet or under the duvet? hmm
4. does cosleeping ever lead to easy sleep patterns either at the time with the baby sleeping in bed all night without needing settling or easy to put in their own bed in the future? Does it make it tricky to get LOs to sleep for naps in the day on their own?

ReastieHorrorShow Sun 09-Oct-11 10:37:39

bumping - must be someone who can help me hmm

deadka Sun 09-Oct-11 12:34:54

reastie (sorry, me again). Re the falling out issue- I'd get a toddler bed guard instead of the pile of pillows. Imy has one. We got it from lidl for a tenner John Lewis for about £50. grin

Woodifer Sun 09-Oct-11 15:04:16

Or a side-car cot thing??

Baby within touch in their own grobag,

[http://www.nctshop.co.uk/Cots-Cribs-Mattresses/products/201/?gclid=CMbt05bi26sCFYUMfAod-nYARA alongside cots]

Also if you have an adjustable height cot or travel cot with a drop side you can make your own arrangement.

Woodifer Sun 09-Oct-11 15:04:48

sorry - link

alongside cots

ReastieHorrorShow Mon 10-Oct-11 09:38:13

thanks for link wood. we already have a cot and I don't want to buy another one but I might look into if ours can have one side take out and be along side the bed. That would be a good idea. I'm not sure how daytime naps would work though hmm . Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now