Talk

Advanced search

13 month old's night time parties!

(4 Posts)
Backinthebox Sat 08-Oct-11 16:34:26

My 13 month old DS sleeps in our room and has done since birth. We're building an extension and his bedroom will be in there but he doesn't have a room to call his own yet. He goes to sleep in his cot and around 11pm - midnight comes into our bed. I have just returned to work after mat leave and then a broken leg. Thanks to the broken leg there was about 3 months where I wasn't able to lift him back into his cot when he went back to sleep. Now thanks to the return to work exams I have left him to sleep with OH while I try and get a good night's sleep before exams. Somewhere in all of that he has decided that he wakes up at about 2am and crawls round and round the bed, giggling and smacking OH and I around the face, and threatening to launch himself off the bed. Nothing calms him down, nothing will persuade him to sleep.

I have no idea at all how we go from the midnight partying baby in our bed to one who sleeps all night in his own room. Can anyone point me off in the direction of a good start?

Backinthebox Sat 08-Oct-11 16:35:46

PS I should just say he is awake for about 3 hours or so till about 5am, and at about 6am his big sister comes into our bed, waking him back up again. And then the household is awake for the day.

OH and I really do need the sleep!

Emsmaman Sun 09-Oct-11 02:35:26

Sorry no answers just letting you know you're not alone. My DD has what I call her 3am crazies, it's like she sleeps in shifts. After a few hours she just wakes up and wants to play/crawl for an hour and a half/2 hours. I thought the frequent night wakings were bad enough but this is what's killing me

Emsmaman Sun 09-Oct-11 02:36:38

I should point out today she was early, the craziness started at 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now