Talk

Advanced search

Dropping a nap - stupid question!

(3 Posts)
Fuzzled Fri 07-Oct-11 12:50:04

DS has decided to drop his afternoon nap - which is fine by me as it means I can get out and about with him; previously he had two naps totalling about 3.5 - 4 hours.

Now he's dropped his afternoon nap, his afternoon nap is later, but for longer - 2.5-3 hours.

Is this normal?

bozemum Fri 07-Oct-11 13:35:06

I assume you mean his morning nap is later? This sounds normal. He's developing a one nap a day routine. When my DS did this I'd put him down for nap about 11ish. And this got later and later until I was putting him down just after lunch (which works much better, cos then they aren't sleeping though lunchtime)

Fuzzled Fri 07-Oct-11 13:40:24

Yes, previously he was up at 6 (and still is more or less) then napping anywhere from 8.30 to 9.30 for about 1.5 to 2 hours.

Now, he goes up to his cot at about 10-ish and is usually asleep by 10.30. He then wakes up between 12 noon and 1pm. So anything from 1.5 hours to 3 hours.

Does make life easier, and as I budget for only getting about 1.5 hours peace to tidy up and do work, it does sometimes mean that I get 1.5 hours to myself to Mumsnet do more tidying. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now