Talk

Advanced search

First night sleeping in own room: tell me it'll be ok

(4 Posts)
CitizenOscar Sat 01-Oct-11 23:44:56

Have put 3.5 month old DS in his cot in his own room for the first time tonight. He's sleeping soundly but I'm a bit of a wreck. Keep thinking he's lonely and will think we've abandoned him when he wakes up alone. And I miss him!

Tell me this is normal, it'll be fine and to get some sleep instead of staring at the baby moniter and fretting.

Thanks

heksie Sat 01-Oct-11 23:57:10

OMG go to bed and enjoy some rest, you will both be happier in the morning. I did this with ds very early on and it helped us both to get more rest. Good luck!

SleepyFergus Sun 02-Oct-11 00:09:51

Yes, perfectly normal! But it's to both you and your little ones benefit. You can no go to bed and talk (albeit in hushed tones still) to your other half, read and watch tv (as applicable)

Your sneezing, creaking, breathing won't disturb your dc, and vice versa.

Of course, you will have sleepless nights worried that you've slept through them waking, and there us also the (v common!) fear that you took them into bed and then fell asleep on top if them.

All very normal. But so worth it. Eventually both you, DP and DC will get a better night sleep in your own room. Enjoy!!

CitizenOscar Sun 02-Oct-11 07:05:37

Thanks for the support. He slept fine; me not so much. But I'll get used to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now